May 5, 2012

Salmon Creek Art Walk 2012

Salmon Creek Art Walk open 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Saturday, May 5th and Sunday, May 6th. 

Darris Nelson 2012, photographer

Darris Nelson 2012, photographer

Darris Nelson 2012, photographer



 

Salmon Creek Art Walk directions: From San Francisco, take Hwy 101 North to Petaluma. At Petaluma take the Washington St Exit. Turn left on Washington St. and continue all the way to Bodega Bay (The street name will change several times but will eventually turn into Hwy 1.) Hwy 1 will take you all the way to Bodega Bay! Don't turn off of Hwy 1. They are one mile North of Bodega Bay. Look for their signs.



Sand Castles and Kites event at Doran Beach ~ May 5th 11:00 until 4:00 at Doran Beach, 201 Doran Beach Road, Bodega Bay. 

Tom Reynolds 2012, photographer
  

Darris Nelson 2012, photographer

Darris Nelson 2012, photographer


Darris Nelson 2012, photographer
Darris Nelson 2012, photographer


It's a beautiful, calm day . . . come out enjoy the beach!






4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so happy to have found your blog! We live inland from Bodega Bay but we love to visit. This is a bit of a random question but I was hoping you could help me locate Mermaid Beach, I've heard great things and really want to show my little one the tide pools but I can't figure out how to get there. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Happy you found me too! I'm sorry I've never heard of "Mermaid Beach" but I'll ask some long time resident friends and report back.

      I used to take my little one (who is now 5' 10") to Schoolhouse beach. There are also great tide pools at the north end of Doran beach and Pinnacle Gulch but those are quite a hike for little ones. Carmet and Shell beach are great tide pooling spots and easy access. Check online for low tides and bring your camera!

      Delete
  2. Hi Darris,
    Hudson's Mom here-Gay Lynn. Love your Blog and I will subscribe to it!
    So nice to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gay Lynn!

    Thank you for the generous comment! My posts have been hit or miss but I will continue to post here. I'm doing a volunteer gig for the NOAA Marine Debris Project through Sonoma Coast Surfriders so I'll have more fodder and photos to share with regard to that focus I'm sure.

    I'll miss seeing Hudson : ( I have the Frisbee for him . . stop by if you're in the neighborhood or wave me down on the road! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!