April 12, 2011

A Love Letter to You . . .




I love this little eleven minute film about 30-something professionals and climbers, Fitz and Becca Cahall's 300 mile journey through the Sierra's. In my mind, they've got their priorities straight. Stunning photography, beautiful message . . . I love what Fitz does at the end of the film . . .

I am a 50-something hiker. All I want to do is hike and photograph and blog about hiking. I dream of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail . . . all of it. Not at once, pieces at a time. This is a goal worthy of living. Anytime spent in nature, in the out-of-doors, makes life worth living. Spending that time with the people I love makes my time hiking beyond amazing . . .


May 2010 Infineon Race


My kid feels this way about dirt biking.  I understand his passion for being outdoors on his bike, on the trail, challenging himself, feeling victorious, feeling alive, being with people he enjoys and with whom he can share his passion. I'm happy he has something he feels so exuberant about.  

As a teenager I felt that way when I was on the back of a horse, bicycling out to Stafford Lake, on the back of a motorcycle, or with my friends at the beach. I felt alive. I have no recollection of feeling this way indoors, it was always out-of-doors that I had aliveness flowing through me.

So I send you this post as my love letter to you . . . go outside, take a walk, a hike, a ride . . . enjoy being alive . . .

xxoo
 

CLICK HERE for VERTICULTURE ~ "What's Your Love Letter?" contest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!